Saturday, December 29, 2012

A Million Little Pieces

I LOVE THIS BOOK!! I can't count how many times I've read it. And no, I don't think it matters that parts of the book are fabricated. It's still a great read and taught people valuable lessons.




“Sometimes skulls are thick. Sometimes hearts are vacant. Sometimes words don't work. ” 


"Be strong. Live honorably and with dignity. When you don't think you can, hold on.” 


"When I see you, the World stops. It stops and all that exists for me is you and my eyes staring at you. There's nothing else. No noise, no other people, no thoughts or worries, no yesterday, no tomorrow. The World just stops, and it is a beautiful place, and there is only you.” 


"The first time I saw you, my heart fell. The second time I saw you, my heart fell. The third time fourth time fifth time and every time since, my heart has fallen."



"There is no fear. Absolutely no fear. When one lives without fear, one cannot be broken. When one lives with fear one is broken before one begins to live.” 


This is what I used to make the blue icing! It came out a little darker than I expected, but I still think they're pretty!

6 comments:

  1. Never heard of it, but I might look into it now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second that notion. James Frey is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are my favorite. However I feel like at some point you really must attempt some Count of Monte Cristo cupcakes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Becca! :) And Monte Cristo cupcakes sound like a challenge...

      Delete
  4. Ariel, you're blog is so stinking cute. And I really love the concept! You should DEFINITELY consider sharing your cupcake/icing/fondant recipes along with your blog posts. I mean, I know I would love to have them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Meri. I'm glad you like it! That's a good idea, too. Most are taken from random websites, then tweaked a little actually, but I could even post just links if I wanted!

    ReplyDelete