Monday, January 28, 2013

Anna Karenina

I've been struggling with the design for these cupcakes since I started reading this book a few months back. Since the book is so complicated, with several abstract themes (adultery, farming, etc.) at first I was simply going to attempt to recreate the flowers on the cover of my edition. But then I stumbled across a recipe for White Russian cupcakes and Kahlua butter-cream icing. So instead of decorating them by the book, here's a toast to all things Russia! Also, I'm sharing the recipe because these are too delicious to keep to myself!


"If you look for perfection, you'll never be content.” 


(No, these cupcakes will not get you drunk, but the White Russians you make from the leftover ingredients, will.)

“I think... if it is true that 
there are as many minds as there 
are heads, then there are as many 
kinds of love as there are hearts.” 


“Love. The reason I dislike that word is that it means too much for me, far more than you can understand."



I saw some recipes online that included mayonnaise--don't ask me why. I decided to go with one that didn't make my skin crawl. Here's the link:  http://www.rachelleb.com/2012/01/13/white-russian-cupcakes/

I added A LOT more Kahlua in the frosting than it asked for, but that's just because Kahlua makes my mouth drool!

Happy baking!

1 comment:

  1. I thought I commented on this... ANYWAY WE NEED TO BAKE TOGETHER.

    ReplyDelete